Adelaide City to Sea Bike Tour
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Adelaide, South Australia
- Product code: CSBT
A landscape of blue seas and golden sands await as you cycle through the streets of Adelaide’s riverbank precinct and follow the inspiring river trails to the beach! The adventure then continues along the spectacular foreshore to one of Adelaide’s favourite coastal centres Glenelg.
- Discover Adelaide, the Riverbank Precinct, River Torrens Linear Trail, West Beach and Glenelg. Ride along the stunning Adelaide coastline and enjoy the beautiful blue tones of the ocean. Stop and take in the views over a revitalizing morning tea -with choice of savoury or sweet treat with coffee, tea or cool drink.
- Soak up the atmosphere and explore the vibrant Glenelg at your leisure – no need to ride back to the City as the bikes are collected upon arrival in Glenelg. The return trip to the City is via the direct Glenelg tram, or choose to transfer directly back to Adelaide in the pureSA bus.
- Small group tour (maximum 10 people) - with an easy and relaxed pace on designated bike paths and trails suitable for all levels of riding abilities. Expertly guided using quality bikes and helmets, this all-inclusive tour ensures a fun and memorable experience.
Tuesday and Sunday or on request for private groups. Departs Adelaide 9:00am and arrives Glenelg 1:30pm.
- Local guide
- Bike and helmet hire
- Morning tea and
- Tram ticket or return transfer to the CBD.
Explore Adelaide on two wheels - cycle at a relaxing pace on comfortable bikes and see parts of Adelaide that you would not ordinarily experience. This fun and engaging outdoor tour also provides an active and alternative way to get to the beach from the City. It is also a great way to explore some of Adelaide’s best must dos with plenty of picture stops and surprises along the way.
Experience the vibrant Riverbank Precinct - starting from the heart of the City, cycle to the bustling Riverbank Precinct, home to significant and historic buildings, sports events and public spaces. Sights include the Festival Centre, Elder Park, the Adelaide Convention Centre, the historic rowing sheds and the new $40 million landmark Riverbank Bridge that links the world famous Adelaide Oval with the city.
Ride the serene River Torrens Linear Trail - enjoy the peace and tranquillity of the river, parks and wetlands as you ride through an 1800’s cemetery, cross under viaducts and bridges and appreciate the serenity of nature in this continually changing landscape. As the river trail comes to an end, start to feel the ocean breeze and soon be amazed by the breathtaking coastal views.
Cycle along the spectacular coastline - heading south along the dedicated cycle path, take in the expansive views along the coastline toward the Fleurieu Peninsula. Get a feel for the South Australian coastal lifestyle as you ride past beachside houses, sailing clubs and protected sand dunes. The final stretch continues through the stylish Marina Pier complex and back to the foreshore before arriving at Moseley Square, Glenelg.
Stay and explore the coastal town of Glenelg - this popular cosmopolitan town is ideal for swimming, dining and entertainment. Shop on the bustling Jetty Road, discover the museums and galleries or simply find a place to relax and enjoy an ice cream. Take the time to walk along the sandy white shores and feel the sand between your toes or have a swim in the calm blue sea while soaking up some sunshine.
Catch the Glenelg tram back to the City - your return to the City is your choice! You can either return at your own leisure via the Glenelg tram or choose to come back with us in the pureSA bus upon arrival in Glenelg.
- The height of each rider is to be provided at time of booking to allow the bike sizes to be prepared prior to the tour departure. Minimum height of riders is 148cm.
- This tour does not cater for children under 12 years of age (except for private group bookings). All children 12-17 years must be accompanied by a fare paying adult.
- Please wear clothing suitable for cycling, enclosed footwear and bring sunscreen, sunglasses, sunhat, a full reusable drink bottle and a small back pack to carry personal items (the bikes do not have baskets).
We look forward to seeing you out there!