Cleland Wildlife Park Experience
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Adelaide, South Australia
- Product code: CWPE
Take a walk on the wild side and engage with some of Australia’s most unique and curious wildlife, just 30 minutes from the city. While immersing yourself in the wonders of Cleland’s natural bush environment, you can see and discover more than 130 species of native wildlife. The Koala close-up experience and the hand feeding of kangaroos are definite must do’s!
- All inclusive of Cleland Wildlife Park entry fees, bag of animal food, park orientation and return transfer. Small group size with a maximum of 13 people ensures a personalised service.
- Scenic drive into the Adelaide Hills via the Cleland Conservation Park route, including a short stop at Mount Lofty Summit to witness panoramic views over Adelaide.
- Plenty of time to explore the self-guided discovery trails at your leisure – walk among and hand feed the free roaming wildlife. Park maps and a full orientation is provided along with valuable insights and inside tips.
- Koala close-up experience - meet, touch and photograph Australia's cutest inhabitant! * Listen to informative and engaging talks by Cleland park keepers at feeding times and explore the Ocean to Outback Interpretive Centre.
Tuesday and Sunday or on request for private groups.
Departs Adelaide 10.00am and returns 3.30pm
- Price includes return transport to CBD
- Selected city hotel pickup
- Cleland entry fees
- Cleland park map
- bag of animal food
- 10% gift shop voucher
Be amazed with the views from Mount Lofty Summit - before arriving at the wildlife park, we take a short stop at Mount Lofty Summit to enjoy the magnificent panorama
over Adelaide. At approximately 710m, the summit is the highest point in the Adelaide Hills with uninterrupted views to the Gulf St. Vincent and as far as the eye can see north and south along the coastline.
Experience the Cleland Wildlife Park difference - this 35-hectare natural bush setting provides a unique open space environment with very few enclosures. It is home to over 130 species of native animals and is one of only a few places in the world where you can hold a koala. Cleland Wildlife Park is well known for its management and care in the health and wellbeing of the animals.
Choose your Koala encounter * - get up close to Australia’s iconic Koala! Your entry fee includes the koala ‘close up’ experience (meet, talk to, & photograph a koala). An optional koala ‘hold’ experience is available for an additional fee from AUD$33.00 pp. The koala ‘hold’ experience cannot be pre-booked.
Walk among the free roaming animals - as you explore the park and follow the self-discovery trails, find an abundance of native wildlife and walk among the free roaming animals in their natural environment. Explore the lively wetlands where the pelicans, cormorants and water birds live. See kangaroos, emus, dingoes, wallabies, Tasmanian devils and many more!
Enjoy an immersive experience **- engaging with the park’s friendliest inhabitants provide a truly immersive experience. The best way to get up close to the kangaroos, wallabies and potoroos is by hand feeding them with the included animal food. Remember to save some for the emus and waterfowl as you make your way around the park!
And do so much more!
Don’t forget the interactive keeper talks; it is a great way to learn about and see the animals in action! The Ocean to Outback Interpretive Centre provides an opportunity to learn about South Australia’s diverse ecosystems whilst viewing the nocturnal animals, small mammals and reptiles – you may even choose the reptile hold experience!
- Minimum age requirement is 4 years old. All children 4-17 years must be accompanied by a fare paying adult.
- Please note that due to animal welfare regulations, the koala experiences can be cancelled by the park without notice. Also note they do not operate on days forecast above 32 degrees Celsius (Mount Barker).
We look forward to seeing you out there!