Vines and Victor Harbour Eco Adventure Gift Cards
- Location: Glynde, South Australia
- Product code: VVHEAGC
This immersive eco tour will take you on a journey to explore the nature, wildlife and local produce of the picturesque Fleurieu Peninsula. The perfect blend of experiences deliver a touch of adventure, a hint of indulgence and a smattering of culture leaving you with a lasting impression of South Australia.
- Explore one of South Australia’s most iconic regions as you enjoy a scenic drive through the Fleurieu Peninsula to the coastal town of Victor Harbor and the McLaren Vale wine region.
- Stroll across the Granite Island causeway for spectacular views of the Southern Ocean, then meet your captain for an exhilarating boat cruise around Seal Island, Wright Island and the Granite boulders. Spot marine life such as sea lions and dolphins!
- Witness the ‘out of this world’ d’Arenberg Cube and discover the tactile and sensory delights of the Alternate Realities Museum within.
- Visit the biodynamic Gemtree Winery. Enjoy a walk around the eco wetlands trail before relaxing over a Vintner’s produce platter and the sprawling vineyard views.
Monday and Saturday or on request for private groups.
Departs Adelaide 9:00am and returns 5:00pm
- Return transport
- Experienced local guide
- Picnic lunch
- Southern Ocean Adventure Boat Cruise
- d'Arenberg Cube entry
- Gemtree wine tasting, local produce platter
and wetland eco walk
Absorb the stunning scenery of the Fleurieu Peninsula - ease in to your day’s adventure on a lovely scenic drive to the south coast. Travel through the city, along the coast and into the countryside of this beautiful region. You will soon understand why they say this area offers some of the best food, wine and wildlife in the state.
Explore Victor Harbor’s Granite Island - On arrival at Victor Harbor revitalise with a stroll along the iconic causeway to the historic Granite Island. Be amazed by the breathtaking ocean views and nature of the local area. You may even see the local horse drawn tram crossing the causeway alongside you.
Spot the charismatic marine wildlife of Encounter Bay - meet your captain for an exhilarating 90-minute Southern Ocean Adventure. Witness spectacular views of the Victor Harbor shoreline Waitpinga Cliffs and Granite Island. As you cruise along look out for an array of seabirds such as petrels, shearwaters and cormorants. With a bit of luck, the playful local dolphins may even pop up to say hello! Looping around Seal Island see Australian Sea Lions and Long-Nosed Fur Seals basking in the sun or frolicking in the water - these cheeky creatures are sure to make your day.
Then travel along the coast further past the granite boulders of Wright Island and the Bluff. During the winter months you may even been lucky enough to spot some Southern Right Whales.
Enjoy some local catering – After your boat ride, sit down to a delicious picnic lunch provided by a sustainable local caterer. Enjoy the views of the Victor Harbor township and coastline.
Experience the sensory delights of d’Arenberg Winery - after a short drive to McLaren Vale wine region arrive at d'Arenberg Winery with timeto explore the famous cube. Each of the five levels have been carefully designed to entice and excite the senses, including features such as a wine sensory room, virtual fermenter and many other tactile experiences in the Alternate Realities Museum.
Experience the native flora and fauna of the wetlands - arrive at the eco-friendly Gemtree Winery and meander through the biodiverse wetlands that have recently been restored to maintain an ecological balance. As you follow the trail keep an eye out for the elusive natives, such as birds, koala’s and possibly an echidna. Be sure to stop and say hello to the resident Emu’s Bio and Dyno!
Delight your senses at Gemtree Wines - head to the Gemtree cellar door to finish off the afternoon with a Vintner’s Platter and glass of Gemtree regional wine while admiring the expansive views across the vineyard.
- This tour does not cater to children under 18 years of age
- Any dietary requirements must be advised at time of booking
- Please note that this tour includes an open ocean boat cruise and ocean breezes can be 10 ̊Celsius cooler than the mainland.
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses, sunhat and a small backpack to carry personal items.
- Note that the boat cruise is operated by Big Duck boat tours. The maximum passenger capacity (27) is higher than that of the rest of your Pure SA tour. This cruise operates in the open ocean and wind and ocean swells can cause bumpy conditions, The boat cruise is not recommended for pregnant women or those who suffer severe motion sickness. This cruise may be cancelled in inclement weather.
We look forward to seeing you out there!