Cleland Hike and Wildlife Tour Gift Card
- Paikka: Glynde, South Australia
- Tuotekoodi: CHWTGF
Feeling adventurous? Combining the Waterfall Gully to Mt Lofty Hike with the Cleland Wildlife Park Experience is a great way to maximise your day while connecting with nature. Follow your guide along the 4km trek to the summit to enjoy the views then follow the 2km trail to Cleland and engage with Australia's unique and curious wildlife!
- Start your morning with a rewarding guided hike to Mount Lofty Summit. In an area abundant with native wildlife you will hike past waterfalls, along streams and follow gully ridges. Once at the summit be rewarded with breathtaking views over Adelaide and beyond before heading onto Cleland Wildlife Park.
- Spend the afternoon meandering and self-exploring Cleland Wildlife Park at your own pace. Exploring Cleland Wildlife Park is the perfect way to relax, rest and unwind after your hike. Get up close and personal with a variety of different native animals and be sure to listen to the interactive talks by the Wildlife Park keepers. The Koala close-up experience * and the hand feeding of the kangaroos are definite must do's!
- Koala close-up experience - meet, talk to and photograph Australia's cutest inhabitant. hand feed the kangaroos and listen to informative and engaging talks by Cleland park keepers and other animal feeding times.
- At the end of the day take some time out, put your feet up and sit back and relax with the included return transport. No need to hike back down to trail as we have you covered! Enjoy the views as the return trip takes the scenic route along Waterfall Gully Road via the Cleland Conservation Park direct the trailhead and back into the CBD.
Tuesday and Sunday or on request for private groups. Departs Adelaide 8:00am and returns 3:30pm
- Return CBD transport
- Experienced local hiking guide
- Trail orientation
- Cleland Wildlife Park entry fees
- Bag of animal food
- 10% gift shop voucher
So many experiences all in one day - this combined tour is a great option for the adventurous experience seeker! Starting out on the Waterfall Gully to Mount Lofty Hike, trek to the summit to enjoy the panoramic views overlooking the Adelaide Plains and Gulf St. Vincent. Then follow the trail to Cleland Wildlife Park to spend the rest of the day engaging with some of Australia’s most unique and curious wildlife.
Waterfall Gully to Mount Lofty Summit Hike - a short scenic drive from the city takes you direct to the trailhead of Adelaide’s most popular hike. Arriving around 8.30am for an introduction and orientation from your tour guide, you will then set off with your guide following the trails at your pace. Depending upon your rest and interest stops along the way expect to take between 1 to 2 hours to arrive at the Summit.
Cleland Wildlife Park Experience - just down from the Summit is another beautiful bush track leading to the Cleland Wildlife Park. Re-energise at the Cleland Gecko Café on arrival before exploring the 35-hectare park on the self-discovery trails. Walk among the free roaming animals in their natural environment, stop to hand feed the kangaroos and wallabies, be amazed at the
lively wetland birds and be sure to visit Australia’s cutest inhabitants for the Koala ‘close up’ experience.
- This hike is graded as hard. The Waterfall Gully to Mount Lofty Hike involves steep sections and uneven surfaces and a good level of fitness and mobility is required. The hike is approximately 2 – 3 hours return (7.8km).
- The tour has a minimum age requirement on 12 and is not recommended for young children. All children 12 – 17 years must be accompanied by a fare paying adult.
- We recommend wearing comfortable walking/hiking shoes, sunscreen, hat and sunglasses and bring a small lightweight backpack for personal items. Bring a full reusable water bottle which can be refilled for free at Mount Lofty Summit with fresh spring water.
- Entry fee includes the Koala ‘Close Up’ experience (meet, talk to and photograph a koala). An optional koala ‘hold’ experience is available for an additional fee from AUD $33.00pp. The koala hold experience cannot be pre-booked.
- Please note that due to animal welfare regulations, the koala experiences can be cancelled by the park without notice. Also note the do not operate on days forecast above 32 degrees Celsius (Mount Barker). Covid restrictions may also temporarily affect the availability of ALL animal encounters/experiences.
We look forward to seeing you out there!